Introducing... Your Rose Baby
Planning for your labor and birth is an exciting time. We are happy to offer you a complimentary program to assist you through this process. Your Rose Baby provides you with a one-hour consultation with one of our experienced Rose Labor and Delivery Nurses. We understand that this special time is full of hopes and desires, and this consultation will allow us to help you prepare and get ready for this wondrous experience.
This program is most effective if completed between 34 and 38 weeks of pregnancy. However, if you have a special-needs pregnancy (e.g. high-risk, multiples), please feel free to schedule your appointment as early as 28 weeks.
Currently we are offering one-hour consultations every Tuesday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. either by phone (30 minutes) or in person (one hour) in our Labor & Delivery Unit. Please call 303-320-2500 to register.
During your meeting you can expect the following:
- A chance for you and your support person(s) to share your preferences and desires and to provide information that will help our staff know how to best care for you. This opportunity will also allow you to ask any questions you have about your upcoming stay in a private and personalized meeting.
- A brief health history will be taken. This will allow for a quicker admission process when you arrive on your big day.
- If you choose an in-person appointment, an opportunity to tour our Labor and Delivery and Postpartum units and learn about all of the amenities Rose provides to families.
Prior to your appointment:
- Please pre-register for your upcoming delivery.
- If your appointment is scheduled after 34 weeks, please request a copy of your prenatal records to bring with you to the appointment, or ask your care provider to fax a copy to our Labor and Delivery unit. This will help the nurse enter important health information into our nursing care system, so it is ready to go when you arrive in labor. If your appointment is scheduled prior to 34 weeks, this information will be entered upon your admission.
- Consider and discuss your wishes for birth with your support person(s) and your care provider. You may want to utilize the Rose Babies Birth Wishes Form to help you think about your options. The Nurse you meet with can also provide you with assistance in this area. If you have a formalized birth plan, please bring that with you to your appointment.